Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Joys of Working Out

This morning I apparently overslept as the minute I opened a bleary eye, a furry puppy was standing by the side of the bed wagging her tail :-) I got out of bed, bent over to pet Ally and wasn't sure I was going to be able to stand up again. I belatedly realized this was due to my very tough workout at the gym yesterday. Note to self, do NOT take 2.5 weeks off from the gym and expect my body to be happy when I start up again!!! Upon finally standing up, Ally da pup and I did our usual cuddle/walk thing. I'm dreading working out today but I know it will make me feel better. Friday I take the day off and this weekend yet even more exercise. While I like the endorphins racing through my body I loathe getting to that point! My gym is literally a half block away so it's hard to avoid, (although I have been known to walk the other direction or not look inside when I walk by - now THAT'S mature lol.)

I know all this is great for me... mind, body and soul. My clothes fit better, I feel good and it makes my doctor happy. By the by, at what point did our doctors feelings become so important??? Another topic for another time... And while I know this is an incredibly positive thing I reserve the right to complain about it!

How very Zen of me...um... NOT :-)

Links

The House of Boogie The Water Princess World of Trouble Mrs. Mogul Botox Diaries Drunk Law Waiter Rant True Jersey Girl Last Girl On Earth Its a Dogs Life Reality Bites The World According to Tish Clublife The Phat Phree Opinionistas The Life Of Marty Leave It To Cleavage Boo's Blog Wade's World Mini-Obs The Sneaky Badger The Life and Times of TJ