Thursday, June 09, 2005

"You do know how to whistle don't you? Just put your lips together and blow."

People watching is is an amazing thing. I have always loved doing that, figuring out what the "back story" is and what makes people tick. The City is a never ending visual. Yesterday I was walking Ally da Pup and I saw her perk up her ears and turn around. I heard whistling and it kept getting louder. I turned around and there was an older gentleman whistling "They can't take that away from me" LOUDLY. When I say loud I mean it sounded like he had a microphone. It was absolutely beautiful! Next song was "Summertime," and then a show tune I believe. I watched Ally da Pup and several other dogs stop dead and listen to him. They watched him like he was the Pied Piper. The man was well dressed, walked with a limp and gave no indication whatsoever that people, (and dogs,) were listening to him. He whistled for well over 2 blocks! It was surreal and wonderful at the same time.

Links

The House of Boogie The Water Princess World of Trouble Mrs. Mogul Botox Diaries Drunk Law Waiter Rant True Jersey Girl Last Girl On Earth Its a Dogs Life Reality Bites The World According to Tish Clublife The Phat Phree Opinionistas The Life Of Marty Leave It To Cleavage Boo's Blog Wade's World Mini-Obs The Sneaky Badger The Life and Times of TJ