Thursday, August 11, 2005

Best laid plans

I'm tired, (see "YAWN" below.) I had intended on having a very lazy day. But you know what they say about the best laid plans...

It's 4:00 a.m. and I'm sleeping. I suddenly wake up and see Ally da Pup's front paws on the side of the bed. I open my eyes and she is staring at me pleadingly. She had the runs, (sorry TMI,) on her late night walk last night so I ask her, "Ally, do you need to go?" She jumps around and runs to the front door. I take this as an emphatic yes. I throw on my clothes and grab her leash and my keys. All the while she is dancing in place with a desperate look in her eyes. Ally never wakes me up like this unless it's an emergency situation so I have learned not to put her off. We run out of the building and she has to go BAD. She hesitates about walking back inside so we stay out for a few more minutes. Finally we come back in. I pat her head, and talk to her for a bit. Suddenly she gets this weird look on her face and trots across the room. I know this look from when she was sick a few weeks ago... Ally is going to hurl. She does. We are now going to the emergency vet again. Damn it, twice in three weeks! I had just arrived back in town about six hours earlier so luckily my car was parked on the street. I pick her up, put her in the back seat and off we go. Ally is breathing heavily then it gets quiet. I freak out thinking she has stopped breathing. And I can't pull over, I am surrounded by traffic. The whole time I am talking to her and there is silence. Finally I hear her stand up in the back seat. Thank God.

We arrive at the all- to- familiar emergency vet clinic and she is admitted. I come home and drop into a weary heap on the sofa. I'm currently waiting to hear what the situation is but we think it might be round two of Giardia, (parasites.) Either it stayed in her system or she got re-infected. My poor pup. I HATE she is suffering like this. I am biting my nails to the quick waiting for answers. I'm alternately furious that it was not cured the first time around, panicked that this might be something even more serious, and scared to death.

If you have any good thoughts or prayers to spare, please send them Ally da Pup's way. Thanks!

Links

The House of Boogie The Water Princess World of Trouble Mrs. Mogul Botox Diaries Drunk Law Waiter Rant True Jersey Girl Last Girl On Earth Its a Dogs Life Reality Bites The World According to Tish Clublife The Phat Phree Opinionistas The Life Of Marty Leave It To Cleavage Boo's Blog Wade's World Mini-Obs The Sneaky Badger The Life and Times of TJ