Wednesday, August 10, 2005

YAWN

Have you ever been so tired that all you can think about is falling face first into your pillow? And despite your exhaustion the only reason you are still awake is because your brain will not turn off? Welcome to my world. I'm so freaking tired but my mind is still ticking away. Sigh. I have been on location for a week, worked 14 hour days, (minimum,) and driven well over a 1000 miles. My fatigue has been gradually building, so even when I sleep I don't feel rested. I remember reading somewhere that certain cults "woo" new members by keeping them very busy with activities, and subsequently depriving them of sleep for a day or so. After 24 hours many people will agree to just about anything if only they can get some rest. Works for me!

This schedule is not new to me, I have worked these types of days for most of my career in showbiz. And it's funny how your body adjusts. I can keep up the pace for weeks, (or even months,) if necessary, but the minute my body knows it can finally "shut down," it does. BIG TIME. I know tomorrow I will be staggering around in a bleary eyed fog. A nap will probably be required as well. Not much will get accomplished, which is actually fine because most of my errands can wait. They have already waited a week, one more day will not hurt. That's what I'm telling myself anyway. It's going to be a no make-up, hair in ponytail type of day. In fact, I may not even get dressed, (except to throw on a shirt and shorts to walk Ally da Pup. NY still has indecent exposure laws on the books methinks :-))

I'm finally starting to wind down. Yawn. Good night. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Links

The House of Boogie The Water Princess World of Trouble Mrs. Mogul Botox Diaries Drunk Law Waiter Rant True Jersey Girl Last Girl On Earth Its a Dogs Life Reality Bites The World According to Tish Clublife The Phat Phree Opinionistas The Life Of Marty Leave It To Cleavage Boo's Blog Wade's World Mini-Obs The Sneaky Badger The Life and Times of TJ