Setting the world right
Recently I was on location for a show. I was working 60 hour weeks and was crumpling into an exhausted heap once I got back to my hotel. All I did was work and sleep. After this had gone on for about a week or so I started to look tired, (or so everyone graciously told me :-)) But I kept going cause there there was no choice. Well, I guess there was, I could have slept more, showed up late to work and gotten fired, but that particular style doesn't work for me. Anyway, one night we only worked 14 hours and some friends had invited me over to their house for supper. They gave me a wonderful glass of Cabernet and we all sat on their porch and chatted. There were only 4 of us, and it was so congenial and relaxing. We knew many of the same people and it was fun talking about the cool, (and not so cool,) crew members. After a yummy home cooked meal we relaxed further, and I finally went back to my hotel. I instantly fell into a deep sleep. I hadn't slept that much since I arrived in town. The next day at work several people told me I looked relaxed and well rested. When I thought about it later I gave full credit to my buddies.
Sometimes a night with good friends can just make the world seem right again.

<< Home