Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Grumpy Girl

I'm grumpy. I have a million things to do and I have no desire to do any of them. I've been plodding through a lengthy "To-Do" list that for some reason is not getting any smaller. In fact, it is growing and multiplying like freaking rabbits. Every time I turn around something new pops, (hops?) up. And it seems like everything takes more than one phone call/email/errand to get it done right...

I have old pipes in my building and the plumber has been regularly turning off the water of late. When he turns the water back on, initially it comes out rusty, (at least I hope it's rust,) in appearance. So of course I let the water run quite a while before I use it. The department of water for the city assures the tenants of my building that its drinkable but I have some major doubts. I have been dragging cases of bottled water from Costco for a while now, and I have finally decided I'm not doing that anymore. While I like bargain prices, I think my back is probably more important! So today I called a bottled water company to open an account. I spoke to a saleswoman and placed my order, (which I discussed thoroughly to make sure it was all correct.) One hour later I received an email confirmation and the order was completely wrong. I called the water company back and was transferred around several times and placed on hold twice for 15 minutes at a time. Finally, I got an awesome manager on the phone who fixed things, (and was absolutely horrified at how badly the saleswoman had messed things up. She also comped me some free cases of water which of course made me feel a little better.) Still it was all very annoying.

The bank messed up a transfer, my health insurance is going up after only six months of service, (WTF?) and a department store changed my address in their computer without even letting me know I had moved! Note: Heavy sarcasm...

And how was your day?

Links

The House of Boogie The Water Princess World of Trouble Mrs. Mogul Botox Diaries Drunk Law Waiter Rant True Jersey Girl Last Girl On Earth Its a Dogs Life Reality Bites The World According to Tish Clublife The Phat Phree Opinionistas The Life Of Marty Leave It To Cleavage Boo's Blog Wade's World Mini-Obs The Sneaky Badger The Life and Times of TJ