Isn't it romantic...
I was thinking about my ex last night. Not because I in any way miss him or our relationship, but a conversation made me think about romantic gestures. Those special things we do for our significant other to please them, (or they do for us.) My ex *Johnny spent one summer looking for the car of his dreams. I of course went along for the ride. We must have gone to every major car dealership in a 75 mile radius. Finally he found what he wanted. It had all the bells and whistles, sleek styling, awesome stereo system, navigation system etc.. On the day he went to pick up the car I went with him. Unbeknownst to him I had planned a surprise. He loved Barry White and there was a song that got him snapping his fingers and singing with the radio. I don't remember the title but it goes like this "You're my first, you're my last, my everything..." Anyway, I bought the cd for him. We picked up the car, he was playing with all the buttons, (he was a guy after all!) and he turned on the radio.
"I wish I had thought to bring a cd, I would love to crank up a song and hear how it sounds." Johnny said wistfully.
I reached in my bag, handed him the cd and smiled at him.
"I thought you might want something like that."
He beamed. "Lisa this is perfect! Thank you so much, I love it! You're the BEST."
We drove away in his brand new car to the stylings of Barry White.

<< Home