Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ally da Pup goes to the Vet, Part 1

Today I had to take Ally da Pup to the vet. Never one of my favorite things but you do what ya gotta do... We show up at the office and I am trying to fill out all the necessary paperwork. Meanwhile, everyone in the office and I mean EVERYONE starts making a tremendous fuss over Ally. "She's soooo cute," "What kind of dog is she," "She looks like a teddy bear," etc.. I enjoy the comments but am used to them as she truly IS adorable :-) Plus, I have heard all these things repeatedly since the minute she came into my life. I'm trying to be polite and keep the pup calm at the same time. Vet visits are always tough on both of us. Scared pup, (who cuddles as close as possible to Mommy,) and subsequent stressed Mommy trying to keep pup relaxed. Ally looks at me with such trust that there is no way in hell I ever want to let her down by not taking great care of her. We finally go see the vet who is both nice AND superb at her job. She adores Ally da Pup as well, (we got so lucky finding her!) I lift Ally up on the metal table and pup is not a happy camper, (Note, understatement of the year.) Ally has a sore paw that is giving her a lot of grief i.e. she chews on it til it's raw. We think it's an allergy but will keep an eye on it. Ally is poked and prodded and finally taken away for a blood test. She is having her teeth cleaned on her next visit, (and as they will be giving her an anesthetic the vet wants to make sure Ally is completely healthy and limit any potential risks. I LOVE the vet...Seriously, I do!) Finally, Ally comes back to the office and is ready to go home RIGHT NOW. I pay the bill, (and try not to audibly gasp in horror,) and we leave. I then hail a cab, (Cabbie is willing to bend the rules and let pup in cab without her being in a pet carrier and I of course I tip him extra for that.) What a nice guy. We get home, Ally da Pup gets a treat for being a brave girl and then she promptly goes to sleep for most of the afternoon. She is currently staring at me while resting her head on her teddy bear. AWWWWWW!

Dogs just ROCK :-)

Links

The House of Boogie The Water Princess World of Trouble Mrs. Mogul Botox Diaries Drunk Law Waiter Rant True Jersey Girl Last Girl On Earth Its a Dogs Life Reality Bites The World According to Tish Clublife The Phat Phree Opinionistas The Life Of Marty Leave It To Cleavage Boo's Blog Wade's World Mini-Obs The Sneaky Badger The Life and Times of TJ