Friday, July 01, 2005

It Takes Two

Well, Ally da Pup and I are both down for the count, at least for tonight :-(

The backstory... I had an incredibly busy day planned. I was very booked during the day and then had a fun evening planned with a friend. You know what they say about the "greatest laid plans..." Anyhoo, Ally was getting bathed and groomed today. She has very thick fur and it's been extremely hot. It's been the equivalent of da Pup walking around in a heavy mink coat in a heat wave. YUCK. We walked to the groomer's and when we got to that particular block Ally da Pup got hip to the fact this was not going to be her favorite event. She stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me. I'm pulling the leash cooing "come on Ally, let's go baby," like an idiot and it's NOT happening. I tried a few more times and Ally looked at me like I was speaking Swahili. Passerby's were laughing hysterically. ARGHHHHHH! I picked her up, (more on that later,) and carried my 35 + pound dog to the end of the block. We finally arrived at the groomer's. I left her there and went back to work, (I often work at home so I can do these "fun" little errands :-)) Several hours later I get a phone call announcing Ally was ready to be picked up. She looked absolutely adorable and definitely much cooler. They cut a lot of her hair/fur, (whatever!) We got home and about an hour later I noticed she was limping. Damn it! I'm not sure if they accidentally cut her paw when they were grooming her or what. I immediately became Dr. Lisa and put neosporin on her paw and wrapped it with a doggy bandaid, (they are self adhesive so it's hard for the dogs to pull them off but they don't stick to their skin.) I watched her for a bit and the limp got more pronounced. Meanwhile my back was hurting. I laid down and it was getting worse. When I thought back I realized 2 days in a row I lifted heavy things and did not bend with my knees i.e. letting my back take all the weight. The day before it was laundry, (essentially lugging everything I owned down to the basement,) and today it was Ally da Pup. Now I'm upset at myself cause it was dumb and could easily have been prevented. Between the two of us we are just PITIFUL, (rolls eyes.) I subsequently had to cancel the rest of the day's plans including supper at a very upscale restaurant at a very downscale price, (I LOVE Restaurant week!) I'm so sorry my dear friend, I'm really disappointed as well :-(

As the bumper sticker says, "SHIT HAPPENS." Sigh.

Links

The House of Boogie The Water Princess World of Trouble Mrs. Mogul Botox Diaries Drunk Law Waiter Rant True Jersey Girl Last Girl On Earth Its a Dogs Life Reality Bites The World According to Tish Clublife The Phat Phree Opinionistas The Life Of Marty Leave It To Cleavage Boo's Blog Wade's World Mini-Obs The Sneaky Badger The Life and Times of TJ