Ally da Pup goes to the Vet, Part Deux
Ally da Pup and I got up earlier than usual today so she could go to the vet. Teeth cleaning day, Woo Hoo! For those of you who don't know, dogs DO need their teeth cleaned. Besides the bad breath that comes from not doing so, (and trust me, you haven't "lived" until you have been kissed by a dog with bad breath,) dogs can also get infections from the untreated plaque, which subsequently can go through their entire bloodstream and they can die. So, get your dog's teeth cleaned! This has been a public service announcement by... :-)
Anyhoo, we get to the vet's office and sign in and wait. And wait. And wait some more. FINALLY, the technician tries to take Ally in the back room. NO WAY, NO HOW, Ally da Pup is NOT going. She drags her feet on the floor and refuses to move. Eventually I walk her to the door and she goes in the room, (the teeth cleaning room??? Who the heck knows.) I leave and walk home, treat myself to a large nonfat latte and try and chill.
My wonderful Vet calls a few hours later and says the magic words, "Ally is FINE." No infection, no disease, plaque is now gone - WHEW. They gave her a local anesthetic and she is still stoned but waking up. I go pick her up and Ally da Pup is a total stoner. Bloodshot eyes, unsteady on her feet and acting a bit loopy. We get in the Dog Taxi Van, (damn I love NYC, something for everyone... YES, there is a dog taxi service!) and head home. She gets only a bit of food and water so she won't hurl - I know, TMI. Poor baby is sooo out of it. Ally eventually settles down and relaxes. I can tell things are coming back in focus but she still is not herself. I'm sure when it all wears off she will have "the munchies" lol. Anyhoo, Ally da Pup will be fine and healthy and that is the most important thing.
In case you were wondering, Dogs still ROCK :-)

<< Home