Searching for Mr. Right
The ongoing search for Mr. Right. Sometimes I wonder if it will EVER end. I never thought it would be so hard to find the right man. "I have been dating since I was 15, I'm tired of this, where IS he???" That quote is from Charlotte in "Sex and the City." I know just how she feels. Dating is exhausting. I'm bored with it. There have been 4 men in my life that I believed were Mr. Right. They were not. I have watched many of my friends fall in love, get married and have children. Still being single at this point in my life was NOT THE GAME PLAN. I definitely could have "settled" several times with someone just to be married but I chose not to. I wanted to hold out for the elusive Mr. Right.
OK time to toot my own horn, please forgive my lack of modesty... I'm a pretty woman. I'm nice, smart and fun. People like me. I'm reasonably evolved. I'm unpretentious and very down to earth. I'm not looking for a perfect man cause there is no such thing. But I am looking for a man who despite any faults he might possess will be the perfect man for me. I want a lover and a best friend. Someone who will be there for the good and bad stuff as I will be for him. A nice guy who is funny, smart and kind. OK and the shallow moment... I must be attracted to him. It would be cool if he was drop dead gorgeous :-) but it's not necessary. He just has to be attractive to me. Looks fade but the rest of the good stuff lasts.
I have decided to take a break from dating. I'm going to concentrate on myself for a while. Everyone tells me that is the best way to meet Mr. Right but I'm not doing it for that reason. I just want to take care of ME and then hopefully everything else will take care of itself.
TO BE CONTINUED...

<< Home