Cleaning House
I have truly become my mother. Not that there is anything wrong with that! I ADORE my mother, she is awesome. The part that amuses me is when we both have things on our mind, we sort/file/clean out closets etc.. It helps create order in your home when there is not order in your head thus helping you find order in your head, (Translation, at least you have control over SOMETHING in your life.) Very Zen I know, too many years of living in California :-) Now you may read this and think I must be a very tidy person and you can eat off my floors. WRONG! I usually successfuly ignore the clutter of my New York apartment. I mean it's New York after all. Not exactly known for massive amounts of space. Besides, my inner Scarlett O'Hara kicks in, "After all, tomorrow is another day." Last night I was looking for some paperwork regarding my car insurance and couldn't find it anywhere. I was pissed, that was IT. The mess went WAY beyond my comfort level and I started throwing things away with abandon. The shredder was going nonstop, (can't be too careful these days,) and dust was flying everywhere. After completely exhausting myself, I eventually went to sleep and will finish the filing today. Note to self, clean my desk while all the clutter is "temporarily" on the floor... Anyhoo, it does give me a sense of accomplishment and that's always a good thing!
Enough of all this cleaning. Time for a new project. Preferably something more fun :-)

<< Home