Much ado about something
Sometimes I believe that I over think things. My head has been spinning lately, (and no not in an Exorcist kind of way :-)) We're all told to embrace new things, to be our own best friends, to take care of ourselves etc.. Everyone has an opinion on how to run our lives as does every self help book. While I try to be open to these lifestyles, sometimes I just get tired of it. Can't I just LIVE and not always have to be doing something to improve my life?
I often enjoy simple pleasures. The way Ally da Pup "smiles" at me when she is having fun on a walk, sitting on a bench people watching, having a great time with a friend, licking an ice cream on a really hot day... you get the point. Lately I feel like maybe I'm missing something. That my life should be different somehow. And I'm not quite sure how to get there or if indeed I should even try. Hmmmm. Should I just let things go on their natural course and if they are meant to be they will happen? Or help make them happen? I honestly don't know. In some aspects of my life I don't believe that things come to you, I feel that you have to work for them. Example... if I want a great job with a new company they are not going to necessarily just find me. I need to work to make contacts and start the ball rolling with said company. That I understand. But in my personal life am I supposed to just "trust the universe" to make things happen? Or do I need to be proactive as well? I know you can't force things sometimes, they have a natural rhythm, an ebb and flow so to speak. But, what are the answers here? What are the "right" things to do?
OK, please share your thoughts - I would love to hear them. As for Moi? My brain is tired. I'm going to have another cup of coffee and cuddle my pup :-)

<< Home