The High Road
Taking the high road often sucks. I was brought up in the South where doing the right thing is not only expected but a way of life. At some point in my own small way I became a rebel. Needless to say there is an ongoing battle in my head on whether I react as a "nice girl" who always plays by the rules or an irreverent woman who tends to see the absurdities in life, (and often comments on them, much to some people's chagrin. Although, I will say there are an equal number of people who think I am very funny!) I find that I regularly try to take the high road, even when it's kills me to do so. At least you can look yourself in the mirror afterwards...
I am going through some issues right now that are making me question a lot of things in my life. On thing that keeps coming up is that some people always play by the rules and are responsible, honest, loving folks. Yet, there are a whole other group of people who feel like the rules do not apply to them. They behave badly, don't do what they are supposed to do and yet somehow manage to retain their lives status quo. How the heck do they continually get away with that? Are those of us who ARE productive supposed to always pick up after them? How is that remotely fair? I want their life darn it cause I'm tired of always being the responsible one. I know, the old cliche, "Life aint fair." Well, BULLSHIT to that one! Maybe I am beating my head against a brick wall but I'm going to keep doing the right thing. And I'll say a quiet prayer that life takes care of those other people.
Karma is a bitch...

<< Home