Friday, June 17, 2005

What's Up Doc?

I went to a new doctor today and I was VERY nervous. I'm a total wuss when it comes to going to the doctor. In most other walks of my life, I'm a strong, capable woman. But doctors always freak me out. Anyhoo, the new guy was great. I really liked him and he seemed quite good at his work. I told him I was nervous and he was very reassuring i.e. he was a human being in addition to be "THE DOCTOR." He told me what I needed to know in a calm, matter of fact manner. No scare tactics, (my last doctor thrived on that, and on my last visit he went WAY too far thus he was subsequently fired. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy :-)) Anyhoo, this doctor gave me the facts, told me his point of view and trusted me as a person to make the right choices. That is MY kind of doctor!

I understand some people need wake up calls in order to "hear" their doctor. While I'm certainly capable of needing a kick in the butt periodically, I'm not a big fan of doctor scare tactics. What is the doctor credo, "First you do no harm?" I highly doubt the secondary version of that is "First you scare the hell out of your patient, thus sending them into cardiac arrest." What in Sam Hill is wrong with those people?!

Have you kissed your doctor today :-)

Links

The House of Boogie The Water Princess World of Trouble Mrs. Mogul Botox Diaries Drunk Law Waiter Rant True Jersey Girl Last Girl On Earth Its a Dogs Life Reality Bites The World According to Tish Clublife The Phat Phree Opinionistas The Life Of Marty Leave It To Cleavage Boo's Blog Wade's World Mini-Obs The Sneaky Badger The Life and Times of TJ